How to Clean Leather Car Seats
When you upgrade with a new Chevy with supple leather seats, every commute from Omaha to Lincoln will feel like a high-end experience. However, if you expect to maintain that level of luxury for the life of your vehicle, you’ll need to learn how to clean leather car seats. Luckily, taking on leather seat care in your own Fremont garage is simple. Read on below to learn more about cleaning leather seats with our service team!
Tips on How to Clean Leather Car Seats
For proper leather seat care, follow these simple steps:
- Start by vacuuming the crevices of your seats to clear away dust, dirt, and debris.
- Once you’ve vacuumed, apply a pH-neutral cleaning solution to the surface of your seats. However, you’ll want to avoid getting liquid cleaners in any perforations in your seats.
- With a microfiber cloth and a soft-bristled brush, gently scrub your leather upholstery.
- Once your seats have been cleaned, apply a leather conditioner to them with a clean microfiber cloth. Allow the conditioner to dry, then buff it in with another clean microfiber towel. This step helps to protect your upholstery from cracking.
What Cleaning Products Should Be Used?
Cleaning the leather surfaces in your car should be done with a simple damp rag. If you need a more intense cleaning, mix warm water and a bit of soap to help scrub your leather seats. You can also check your owner’s manual for recommended cleaning products. Regardless of which tools you use to get the job done, you’ll want to be sure to avoid the following:
- Sharp objects that may scratch
- Household cleaners
- Dark cloths
- Furniture polish
Additional Leather Seat Care Tips
- Travel with an extra bottle of leather cleaner and some microfiber cloths. That way, you can take care of any messes before they can damage your interior.
- When you can, park your vehicle in a garage. Protecting your ride from harsh weather changes will ensure that your leather has a longer, healthier life.
- While out and about, look for parking spots in the shade and take advantage of them. Too much sun exposure can lead to sun bleaching and cracking in your leather.
Rely On Sid Dillon Chevrolet-blair Inc for All Things Automotive
Along with teaching you how to clean leather car seats, our team can handle all of your automotive needs. When your vehicle does need care, simply book an appointment with us in Blair. We offer great everyday prices and rotating service coupons to help you save!